Happy Valentine’s Day!
Whether you hate Feb 14th or relish in all things pink, glitter, and hearts (I’m in the latter camp), Valentine’s Day comes once every year!
You don’t need a significant other to enjoy the holiday. You don’t even need a fabulous group of girl friends and a “galentines” themed brunch. You just need yourself and the willingness to engage in a little self love.
Here are five ways to show yourself some love this Valentine’s Day.
1. Buy Yourself Flowers. I like fresh flowers year round and I have no shame in buying them for myself. Treat yourself to a big bouquet of your favorite flowers. Trader Joe’s is my favorite place for inexpensive blooms.
2. Take a Bath. Taking a bath is my favorite indulgence and I try to soak in the tub at least three nights a week. I am obsessed with Dr. Teal’s lavender epson salt soak. I usually light a bunch of tea light candles and turn on a show on my iPad.
3. Work it Out. Treat yourself to an extra long sweat sesh. Maybe try a class you’ve always wanted to try. I never regret going to the gym and I always feel great about myself after a workout.
4. Curl up with a Good Book. Grab your e-reader or head to the bookstore or library and pick out a good book. Kill two birds with one stone and read while you take a bubble bath.
5. Indulge in a Reasonable Splurge. Buy yourself the pair of shoes you’ve been eyeing or that super cute bag. A little (reasonable) splurge never hurt anyone!
Got any plans for Valentine’s Day?
PS: This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on a link, I may receive a small commission. As always, thank you for supporting this little blog.